Category Archives: Sports
You bought my book? AWESOME! Wanna tell me what to do next? Also awesome!
Go RIGHT NOW to Make Contact and select FOCUS GROUP from the pull-down menu.
I’m collecting information to help me decide my next move in the book game.
As always, thanks for playing along!
So this is happening to me on Saturday:
My Brand New Boyfriend is a loyal Bulls fan, a season ticket holder, and is BIG on tailgating. I get a sense of, either I get into his conference this year, or I’m just not gonna see the guy! I’m gonna be a good sport; I even bought a fitted tee with USF across the chest. After all, I gotta out-girlfriend the other girlfriends!! ;)
Meanwhile….tonight is Texas A&M v South Carolina! The SEC… the conference of CHAMPIONS!
If it seems I’ve been neglecting this blog, I assure you it’s for a great reason! I gave myself until the 14th of this month to make necessary shit happen. Still in the throes of it, and am eager to share what I’ve been up to once we achieve success. So if you have a tendency to think negative thoughts about me, I ask you, kindly, just for this week, to put out a bit of positive energy into the Universe for me. Trust, if all goes my way, you shall be thoroughly entertained!!
Wish me glück/chance/suerte/luck…
You should’ve saw me today! Road warrior, pedal master, burnin’ rubber like I’ve been doing it all my life.
It is really true, you don’t forget riding a bicycle.
Gift to myself, for selling ALL my inventory of paperbacks (and many thanks to you who purchased directly from me!) I invested in a beach cruiser. Low, wide seat, light aluminum frame, backpedal brakes. Easy ridin’. Not trying to be Lance Armstrong here.
It also makes sense. I work from my ArtHouse and if I need resources, they’re within a 4 mile radius. Plus, I actualized the bus stop’s mere feet from my door, so if I have a significant distance to travel, I grab the bike, load it on the bus, get to where I’m gettin’!
Luckily I’ve been running 3 miles on average for 8 weeks now, so my right knee and ankle were in great condition to handle the 8.4 mile trip I did today. We won’t know how sore I’ll be until tomorrow, but after showering, I do feel a little soreness in my hammies and my lower core. So another advantage: fitness! If my butt doesn’t already look great, oh mah gawd, it’s gonna be magnificent by the end of summer. :)
I figure, if I can tolerate crossing the death road that is U.S. 19, riding in 93 degree F and 100% humidity, and getting dirt and water kicked up on me in traffic, I can turn this into a lifestyle. Watch, I’ll be joining a cycling team! Then the Tour de France. Then the revelation that my bloodstream is chock full of drugs!
Thinking about it? Here’s my recommendations:
- If you’re a female, announce you’re a female – this strays into sexism, but hear an experienced person out. Back in the day, I used to ride my
motorcycle on solo trips, and I noticed a hint of pink made a difference between a Mustang running me off the road and a Mustang playing defense for me. I was lucky to find this shocking pink outdoor bag at Wallyworld for $19.
- Helmet – No one enjoys brain splatter, not even the most seasoned of trauma specialists.
- Activate GPS for bike routes – this was awesome today…I had reset Google Maps to bike routes, kept a bud in one ear, and listened as the chick routed me to the bike trails. In a car, you don’t know where they are.
- Hydrate constantly – this pack I bought doesn’t have the “camelback”, the reservoir you keep on your back with a hose to sip through while riding. If you’re planning to do some serious travelling, especially in this heat, get you one, stat. I had my aluminium bottle and I refilled it upon every stop.
- Cooler packs work in bike packs – I took the blue bricks I use for my food cooler and stuffed them along the spine of my bike pack to keep cool. Also helps if you have lower back pain; ices you down nicely.
- Where your eyes go, the bike goes – Be a defensive rider, but keep in mind, the bike only moves if you’re moving. Eyes forward!
This gallery contains 14 photos.
Quit yer kvetching….at least you advance thanks to Portugal scoring 2 on Ghana! But let’s see how next week goes….
As in ‘go’, as in ‘green light’…clean ups on every page. Especially check out my I Blew Up Juarez tab…did I answer your questions satisfactorily? Think I covered ‘what is the book about?’ and ‘where can I find it?’ as succinctly as possible. And please do Like the page, but only if you mean it ;)